Telling local stories.

Promoting local business.

Serving our community.

Link 2 Lee's Summit is your link to the news, events, businesses and services of Lee's Summit, Missouri. Our mission is to tell the ongoing stories of our community while promoting local business and economic growth, as well as provide readers with a robust and easy-to-use resource in the form of newsletters, web site, and mobile application.

SCA's ACT scores surpass city, state & national averages

SCA's ACT scores surpass city, state & national averages

 SCA students’ average ACT Composite score was 25.2, which is over three points higher than the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District’s average score.  

SCA students’ average ACT Composite score was 25.2, which is over three points higher than the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District’s average score.  

Summit Christian Academy (SCA) students taking the ACT college-entrance test scored well above the city, state, and national averages again this year.

SCA students’ average ACT composite score for the class of 2017 was 25.2. The average ACT score for the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is 21.9, with the state of Missouri at 20.4, and the National average of 21. SCA offers an elective ACT Preparation class as part of their course offerings for students in grades 10-12. This course provides students with instruction and practice in the five categories that appear on the ACT, and provides test-taking strategies.

SCA announced last Spring that the school will be covering the cost of the testing for their high-school juniors during the spring of 2018.  Students have the opportunity to send the scores to four colleges of their choice at no additional cost to the student.

100 percent of SCA’s Class of 2017 took the ACT and 94% are attending college, while the other 6% are attending a trade or military school.

Campbell Middle School student captures award in Missouri Red Ribbon Art Contest

Campbell Middle School student captures award in Missouri Red Ribbon Art Contest

SCA announces 2017 homecoming candidates

SCA announces 2017 homecoming candidates