The community is invited to learn more about prestigious international studies programs offered through Summit Technology Academy and the University of Central Missouri at the International Relations Council’s Networking Event, scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. Jan. 9.
from LS R-7 Schools
The free event will be held at the Missouri Innovation Campus, 1101 NW Innovation Parkway. Those attending the Networking Event will have the opportunity to:
- Sample food from authentic ethnic restaurants from around Lee’s Summit.
- Stroll through the Student Showcase and discuss student projects with high schoolers from Summit Technology Academy (STA).
- Mingle with college and high school international students and ask them about their home countries and their experiences in the United States.
- Visit with the faculty of the University of Central Missouri (UCM) Department of Government, International Studies and Languages as well as other faculty from the university.
- Meet internationally-minded business people who share a global perspective.
- Get to know the Summit International Studies Academy (SISA) at STA which is open to high school juniors and seniors from around the metropolitan area.
- Meet representatives from the Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce, the Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council, the R-7 School District, the Kansas City World Trade Center, Global Ties of Kansas City, the International Relations Council, as well as area modern language teachers and social studies teachers.
- Hear how UCM is transforming its International Studies Department curriculum with a prestigious Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language (UISFL) grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Learn about all of the exciting programs at STA, UCM and the Missouri Innovation Campus.
- Check out the service projects of the STA Interact Club (Rotary International).
- For more information, please contact Curtis Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.