The Leadership Lee’s Summit program, sponsored by the Lee’s Summit Chamber, graduated 28 students at a luncheon held in their honor on May 9 at Longview Mansion. The ceremony featured speeches from Mayor Randy Rhoads, Chair of the Board Tyler Morehead and Class Valedictorian Matt Sanning, who congratulated the graduates on their accomplishments. The students completed nine months of leadership training, community service hours and a class project as part of their requirements.
from Lee's Summit Chamber
Congratulations to the following 2017 graduates:
· David Adamczyk, KCP&L
· Kirby Asplund, Rotary Club of Lee’s Summit/The Asplund Group
· Heather Balbi, Ears of Experience
· Tyler Barr, Tingle Flooring
· David Bell, Lee’s Summit Fire Department
· Jodi Bell, Lee’s Summit Parks & Recreation
· Dan Boles, Commerce Bank
· Josh Bryant, Central Bank of the Midwest
· Tina Chace, Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council
· Michael Childs, Lee’s Summit Police Department
· Michael Dieker, Lee’s Summit Medical Center
· Kelsie Fell, TMC Lakewood
· Todd Haynes, RBC Wealth Management-Haynes Woodward Group
· Melisa Hendren, Summit Pediatric Therapy Corp.
· Bridget Herrick, Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
· Megan Hughes, Lead Bank
· Joseph Hyde, Edward Jones
· Susan Krug, Saint Luke’s East Hospital
· Miranda Landstra, City of Lee’s Summit
· Mike Maksin, Rotary Club of Lee’s Summit/N2 Publishing
· Lauren Moxley Johnson, Tingle Flooring
· Cynda Rader, Cynda Sells Realty
· Matt Sanning, Lee’s Summit Social Services
· Rachel Segobia, Lee’s Summit Sunrise Rotary
· Dan Shepard, Oak Road Wealth Management
· Jen Steller, Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street
· Ashley Walker, ReDiscover
· Rachael Watkins, Truman Heartland Community Foundation
Leadership Lee’s Summit was developed to assist in motivating the visionary leaders of the area. Since its inception in 1991, the program has graduated more than 550 leaders who have gathered knowledge and skills to become influential in the community.
Approximately 25 participants are selected each year based on criteria including personal motivation, an interest to serve in Lee’s Summit, potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions, willingness to commit time and energy to complete the program and full support of the corporation/organization that is represented.