The Greater Lee’s Summit Healthcare Foundation is celebrating $51,000 in scholarship awards given to 11 health-focused local college students in 2017.
The Greater Lee’s Summit Healthcare Foundation is committed to ensuring that education in the medical disciplines is accessible to our residents. Each year the Foundation will award scholarships to area residents to support their academic studies leading to healthcare careers.
ultiple scholarships are awarded to support studies in the following areas:
- edical School
- Pharmacy School
- Nursing School
- Other allied healthcare fields
2017 Scholarships were awarded to the following students:
- Hailey Baker, The University of Kansas Medical Center, $5,000
- Luke Barnard, The University of Kansas Medical Center, $3,000
- Kailin Cordes, Baker School of Nursing, $5,000
- W. Matthew Kamp, Brown University Alpert Medical School, $5,000
- Brittany Kendall, University of Central Missouri, $5,000
- Maddison Krause, Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences, $5,000
- Caitlin Lamb, Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences, $5,000
- James Massey, Ashworth College, Atlanta Georgia, $3,000
- Lisa Morris, University of Missouri-School of Medicine, $5,000
- Alissa Parrett, University of Missouri- Kansas City, $5,000
- Jessica Solis, Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences, $5,000
Since 2004, GLSHF has granted more than $1.2 million to a multitude of projects designed to impact the health and well-being of the greater Lee’s Summit community.
Eligibility criteria, applications and application deadlines are available at https://www.lshealthcare.org/scholarship-eligibility