Annual event raises more than $117,230
The Lee’s Summit Educational Foundation hosted the 19th annual Taste of Lee’s Summit on March 3 to raise money in support of excellence in education in the Lee's Summit R-7 School District community. Held at The Pavilion at John Knox Village, the event raised more than $117,230.
from LS R-7 Schools
The popular event carried the theme “Celebrating 25 Years of Giving,” a salute to the Foundation’s 25th birthday. Taste of Lee’s Summit featured both live and silent auctions, special entertainment, game board excitement and cuisine from more than a dozen local restaurants
Nearly 600 guests and 80 volunteers, including Music Parents from each high school and from Great Beginnings Early Education Center, also had the opportunity to sample cuisine from the following businesses: Costa Vida, Chick-fil-A, Edible Arrangements, Summit Hickory Pit BBQ, Jason’s Deli, Third Street Social, Llywelyn’s Pub, The Fig Tree Cafe & Bakery, Longboards Wraps & Bowls, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, Waldo Pizza, Andy’s Frozen Custard and Post Coffee.
Master of Ceremonies for the event were Les Norman, a syndicated sports radio host, TV analyst, and former KC Royals baseball player, and Dr. David Carlson, R-7 Executive Director of Classified Personnel and former R-7 Principal. The Live Auction auctioneer was Todd Hertzog, Herzog Auction Co. and Lee’s Summit High School alum. A team of 30 volunteers, chaired by LSEF board member, Dr. Phyllis Edson, helped organize the popular fundraiser.
A number of area individuals and organizations also generously helped sponsor Taste of Lee’s Summit, including annual Friends of the Foundation Sponsors at five different participation levels and event sponsors.
- Legacy Sponsor includes: H.B. Oppenheimer Foundation.
- Superintendent’s Circle Sponsors include: CCR Roofing, JE Dunn, Larry and Trish Frevert, Bob and Marlese Gourley, Major Saver, Meyer Music, McCownGordon Construction, Paradise Park, Jane and Bob Rutherford, Chris and Audra Storms and Tingle Flooring.
- Benefactor Sponsors include: Ash Grove Charitable Foundation, George K. Baum & Co., Blue Cross Blue Shield of KC, CBIZ, CEAH Realtors, Control Service Co., GEHA, Gilmore & Bell, P.C., Landers' Visions, Metcraft Industries, Saint Luke’s East Hospital.
- Leader Sponsors include: Atcheson Lawn and Landscape, Capital Construction, Central Bank of the Midwest, Commerce Bank, DLR Group, Phyllis and Jim Edson, Hollis + Miller Architects, Integrity Group Real Estate, Stu and Teera Rogers, Adam and Amy Rutherford, Jim and Mary Stilley, Summit Bank of Kansas City, Greg and Anna Vahrenberg and Bob and Candy White.
- Scholar Sponsors include: Larry Antey, Phyllis Balagna, John Beaudoin, David Boulden, Dr. Katie Collier, Dr. David Carlson, Dr. Dennis Carpenter, Chinnery Evans & Nail, Dr. Kevin Daniel, Brian & Sheryl Franke, Kim Fritchie, Carol Germano, Judy Hedrick, Keith Henry, Lee’s Summit Medical Center, Dr. Jeff Miller, Janette Miller, Rosalie Newkirk, Janice Phelan, Troester Painting LLC.
- Event Sponsors include: Rockhill Orthopaedic Specialists, Hertzog Auction Co., Hy-Vee, County Beverage Company, Inc. and Konica Minolta.
The Lee’s Summit Educational Foundation is a non-profit, 501c3 organization established to raise and manage resources in order to expand and initiate educational opportunities for Lee’s Summit R-7 students and staff. For more information, contact Sheryl Franke, Foundation director at 816-986-1015 or visit www.lsedfoundation.com.