The Leadership Lee’s Summit program, sponsored by the Lee’s Summit Chamber, graduated 27 students at a luncheon held in their honor on May 8 at the Missouri Innovation Campus. The ceremony featured speeches from Chair of the Board Rosalie Newkirk, Councilmember Rob Binney and Class Valedictorian Tim Arbeiter, who congratulated the graduates on their accomplishments. The students completed nine months of leadership training, community service hours and a class project as part of their requirements.
Congratulations to the following 2018 graduates:
- Tim Arbeiter, Lee’s Summit Chamber
- Tanisha Artis, Lee’s Summit Police Dept.
- Brian Barton, MC Power Companies, Inc.
- George Binger, City of Lee’s Summit
- Dr. Katie Collier, LSR-7 School District
- Ashley Dickson, CommunityAmerica Credit Union
- Amanda Eisenlohr, Central Bank of the Midwest
- McKenna Ford, Summit Strength Physical Therapy
- Cutter Gale, Gale Communities
- Ryan Gibson, Lee’s Summit Parks & Recreation
- Julia Hampton, Rotary Club/Julia E. Hampton, CPA
- Dr. Warren Haynes, UCM Lee’s Summit
- Rexanne Hill, Lee’s Summit Sunrise Rotary/LSR-7 School District
- Heath Leuck, John Knox Village
- Matt Marino, Saint Luke’s East Hospital
- Kevin McCaw, Lee’s Summit Fire Dept.
- Sharayah McDonald, Morrill & Janes Bank
- Rose Mettlen, Truman Medical Center Lakewood
- Kevin Oldham, Diffactory
- Jenny Patten, Lee’s Summit Medical Center
- Amanda Rhodes, Mid-Continent Public Library
- Carolyn Rouchka, Arvest Bank
- Daniel Schertz, Burns & McDonnell
- Stephen Stricklin, Wise Wealth, LLC
- Isaac Swick, HSMC Orizon LLC
- Janet Waddell, KCP&L
- Kevin Zimmermann, US Trust
Leadership Lee’s Summit was developed to assist in motivating the visionary leaders of the area. Since its inception in 1991, the program has graduated nearly 600 leaders who have gathered knowledge and skills to become influential in the community.
Approximately 25 participants are selected each year based on criteria including personal motivation, an interest to serve in Lee’s Summit, potential or existing opportunities for advancement to top leadership positions, willingness to commit time and energy to complete the program and demonstration of support of the corporation/organization that is represented.