Launch & Lee's Summit CARES hosting second annual Packing Party
Event set for June 19 at The Stanley Historic Event Space
The Packing Party is an annual event hosted by Launch and Lee’s Summit CARES. This year the event honors and celebrates the Lee’s Summit women of the Class of 2018 at The Stanley Historic Event Space on Tuesday, June 19th, 2018.
Leaving home for the first time is an exhilarating time. The Packing Party is a great place to get ideas and advice about what graduates should be taking with them on their next adventure.
Before dinner, attendees will enjoy appetizers, a professional photographer, and browsing fair. Vendors include:
- Campus Fashion and Accessories
- Personal Safety Equipment
- Space Organization
- Monogramming services
- Dorm Décor
- Customized Jewelry
Once dinner is served, Latrese Kabuya of Let’s Get P.R.E.T.T.Y. and Action 41 News will usher the audience through an evening of fun, information and connection. In this portion of the evening, we look at what skills and knowledge the graduates need for their next big thing.
- Nutrition on a Meal Plan — Jennifer Dampf, HyVee Dietician
- Mental Wellness through Mindfulness — Robin Todd, Mindful Momentum
- Preventing Sexual Assault through By-Stander Engagement — Becca Anderson, MOCSA
- Small group table discussions designed to explore specific questions and concerns
The evening will conclude with the presentation of The Launch Challenge, a small scholarship open to the attendees of The Packing Party. The cost is $15 for a ticket for a graduate, and another $10 for her mother or female mentor to attend. To learn more or buy tickets, visit lslaunch.weebly.com