Downtown Main Street Inc. honors volunteers & businesses at annual dinner
Volunteers, community members and local business owners were honored during the Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner, June 26 at The Aspen Room at the Stanley.
The following individuals and businesses were recognized for their commitment to the revitalization and preservation of Downtown Lee's Summit.
@Jolly’s, Outstanding Window Display
- John and Addy Beaudoin, Golden Broom Award
- Christal Weber, Downtown Champion
- Angela Lampton, New Member Dynamo
- Big Bash, Top Special Event
- Fred Liggett, Volunteer of the Year
- Very Violet Boutique, Business of the Year
- Missouri Main Street Connection, President’s Award
Three seats on the Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street Board of Directors were up for election at the annual meeting. Current investors of the organization voted on a slate of candidates put forward by the organization’s nominating committee. The newly elected board members, to serve a three-year term, include:
- Brad Boehm, owner of Grains and Taps
- Sheila Clark, employee at Haynes Benefits
- Nick Parker, owner of Link 2 Lee’s Summit
Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to the revitalization and preservation of Downtown Lee’s Summit. For more information, visit www.downtownls.org.